Each year Laureates are selected using the following criteria:
- Vision – Laureates will have demonstrated outstanding vision in one or more of their organizations and achieved a high level of respect within the business and public communities.
- Leadership – Laureates will have demonstrated leadership throughout their lives and have a record of leading others to success.
- Integrity – Laureates have a reputation for improving respect for Canadian business and have utilized his/her influence to further the quality of life of British Columbia through philanthropy and/or community service.
- Legacy – The Laureate is widely respected by his/her peers and is considered a role model for future generations of entrepreneur’s and business leaders.
- Must be 18 years old
- Cannot be a member of a BLBC committee
- Cannot be a member of the voting jury in the same year
- Cannot be a current JA employee or employed by JA in the past 12 months
The BLBC Hall of Fame seeks diverse candidates who represent British Columbia, contribute to the greater good in tangible ways, and whose stories and achievements inspire the next generation.